5th Wow Korea Field Trip

When I heard that the location for our 5th Wow Korea Field Trip will be at Gyeongju, Goryeong and Daegu, I was beyond excited. Daegu had been my home for a year when I came to Korea. I consider it as my second hometown so the thought of going back even for a short visit really thrilled me.

Let me give you the top 3 highlights of this Wow Korea Trip that you might consider in your next itinerary.

1. Daegaya Festival at Goryeong- There's no other words to describe it, this experience was simply MAGICAL. One can't just help but be amazed as the dark night suddenly lit up with colorful lanterns carrying the wishes of the visitors. (You can guess what I wished for ^^v). Aside from the lantern-making and flying experience, there were also rice cake-making booth, live performances, food stalls, and other exhibitions. I've always been fascinated with traditional lanterns so this personal experience has been very touching for me.









2. Seomun Market Food Tour at Daegu- Our mission for this part of the trip was to write about what makes Seomun Market different from the other traditional markets in Korea. This one's a really tricky question, considering that these markets are usually alike in the variety of products they have to offer, competitive price and structure. So my answer for this mission would be the genuine warmness of the street vendors. They are always ready to welcome you with the brightest of their smiles even when you are haggling with them, hahahah.. :)





This is the proof that the street vendors will always welcome you with their lovely smile. 


 Of course, our shopping experience wouldn't be complete without a food tour. 

My food recommendations would be:1. 칼국수-noodle soup 2. 호떡- fried bread with sweet filling 3. 버터 감자/ 오징어- buttered potato and squid4. 이빵- fish-shaped bread with ice cream 5. 미니 애플- these tiny apples are too cute to be eaten











3. E-world Sand, Light and Art Exhibition- E-world is a very famous amusement park which offers exciting rides for kids and young at heart. But for this trip, I got to experience something more that E-world has to offer. The Sand, Light, and Art Exhibition was one of a kind since I've never seen Art expressed in such a creatively unique way using the simplest of materials. 






By the way, E-world 83 tower offers an impressive view of the entire Daegu city especially at night. Hence, they have a special promotion for those who are planning for a marriage proposal. The restaurant on the deck of 83 tower can be the perfect place to pop the million dollar question. ^^





And of course, I learned to unlock the Picasso in me so here are some of my masterpiece.




So, if you're stuck and looking for some travel inspiration, make sure to include these places to your travel bucket list. :)









Comments

Popular Posts